Re: [swtbot-dev] Who actually runs SWTBot test on hudson.eclipse.org?

I believe there's EGit and mylyn that use SWTBot for testing, I'm not
sure if they actually run the tests on hudson.eclipse.org.

To understand your problem better, I'd like to understand what you
mean by keyboard and mouse events are shared. Are they shared even
though each JVM uses a different $DISPLAY variable? If this is indeed
the case, I'd think this could be a bug with either the JVM and/or the
window manager.

As far as the different keyboard strategies are concerned. There's
historical reasons for those. The major one being that the SWT
implementation that relies on Display#post does not work for a few
common cases and is sometimes buggy only on certain platforms. AWT
implementation has similar quirks on certain JVM and platform
combination. I must add that myself and my team have come across less
number of these quirks with AWT. In short there's no reliable way to
send keyboard events short of reinventing a square wheel.

So while not ideal, there's an option for test authors to be able to
switch the keyboard strategy at runtime for specific keyboard inputs
:-/

-- Ketan