Re: [swtbot-dev] Button Click Hanging

Seems to hang because you're not shutting down the thread.

You'll need an @After block that does a thread.stop() and the show() method needs to dispose the display.

Cheers!

-- Ketan

On 10/29/09 2:20 PM, Mike Gaffney wrote:
Hello all,
I'm having an issue on windows (haven't checked any other OS) where I'm
having the entire test hang when I try to click on the ok button of a
MessageDialog. It works fine if I only find the button. When debugging
it, the test was hanging on the button's notify of the Selection
listeners. The log at this point is:
16:17:26,562 DEBUG SWTBotButton:158 - Sent event Selection [13]:
SelectionEvent{Button {OK} time=-1574371166 data=null item=null detail=0
x=0 y=0 width=0 height=0 stateMask=0 text=null doit=true} to (of type
'Button' and with mnemonic 'OK' and with style 'SWT.PUSH')

I waited about a minute and nothing happened.

Here is the code I have:

TEST:
=======

package errors;

import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell;
import org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.SWTBot;
import org.eclipse.swtbot.swt.finder.widgets.SWTBotButton;
import org.junit.Before;
import org.junit.Test;

public class ShowAppCodeAndSchemaMismatchErrorGuiTest {

private SWTBot bot;
private Display display;
private Shell shell;

@Before
public void setupSWTBot() {
System.out.println("Starting Test");
new Thread() {

public void run() {
display = new Display();
shell = new Shell(display);
new ShowAppCodeAndSchemaMismatchErrorGui(shell).show();
}
}.start();
bot = new SWTBot();
}

@Test
public void testCanClickOk() throws Exception {
SWTBotButton button = bot.button("OK");
button.click();
}
}

=======

Actual Class:

=======
package com.gaic.quoter.view.errors;

import org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.MessageDialog;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell;

public class ShowAppCodeAndSchemaMismatchErrorGui {

private MessageDialog box;

public ShowAppCodeAndSchemaMismatchErrorGui(Shell shell) {
String message = "Message";
String title = "Title";
box = new MessageDialog(shell, title, null, message,
MessageDialog.ERROR, new String[] { "OK" }, 0);
}

public void show() {
box.open();
}