[swtbot-dev] adding RMI interface and synchronizing testrun

Hi,

I want to use swtbot for testing Saros[1] our Eclipse plugin that
provides distributed pair programming[2] within the IDE.
The test must run at least two instances of Eclipse with Saros and
it should be possible to start them on different hosts.
I think I should enhance swtbot with an RMI interface.

What do you think about this idea?

There are two possibillites that I am aware of how to do this:
- delegation
- inheritance
I think delegation would be the way to go, thoughts?

The second need for my purpose would be a synchronized testrun, e.g.
box1 runs test1 and the results are grabbed from box2, before test2
starts to run.
Maybe I can use the @After hook for this, but I am new to swtbot and
JUnit4 source.

Do you think it's doable straightforward?

Where should I start to implement these two goals?

If I decide to do it, I think I would fork Ketan's github repo and
ask for a pull request if I am ready and you want to have it.

[1] https://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/w/SE/DPP
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_programming#Remote_pair_programming

Regards, Sandor Szücs