[stp-pmc] subprojects or components?

Hi all,
I've been having a conversation with Bjorn about what we term the STP
'sub-projects' and it appears to me that the term 'sub-project' as we
have been using it does not quite jibe with the Eclipse Foundation use
of the term.

In the official parlance, a 'sub-project' is an entity that
requires separate reporting, releases and committer lists, but in actual
fact we've not enforced these practices, for example favoring a more
flexible approach where an STP committer can commit to any piece of the
project. This has proved to be a practical approach.

The implication is that what we have been extending and maintaining is in
actuality a set of 'components' that compose the overall project.

Thoughts?

 best regards
  Oisin

Back to the top