From: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Mos
Sent: Donnerstag, 5. November 2009 19:12
To: STP Dev list
Subject: Re: [stp-dev] Last chance for Feedback: SOA Tree Proposal

Hi Oisin,

Thanks a lot for the detailed comments, my replies inline:

> Take another look at the project scope - is there anything missing
> there? It kinda reads as if it is to be business as usual, but in the
> background section, you mention that the scope is to be extended. This
> doesn't gel.

good point, it's basically business as usual, although I suppose the relation to runtime and deployment will be stronger and the relation to monitoring is basically new. I will emphasize this in the proposal.

> However, on the other hand - "SOA Metamodel Framework"
> is a terribly boring name, albeit totally descriptive.

sounds good! Or Maybe "SOA Modelling Framework" instead?

> These days things like 'subtitles' are popular for books (see
> appalling example at http://tr.im/EddI), because this is a means to
> cram in internet search keywords. I think it sucks for books but it
> makes sense here.
>
> How about something like "Arbutus - The SOA Metamodel Framework" or
> something like that (for Arbutus, just insert <treename>).

yes, this sort of thing sounds really good now.

> I promise that's the last of my comments on naming :)

actually, naming is pretty important, so I'm happy to have all these discussions and suggestions about naming, and I'm hoping the playful little contest will yield good results (it's already very promising :) ).

> In the "Roots" section, where it says "common format that could be
> based on SCA for instance", I would drop the "that could be based..."
> part as it prejudices the discussion.

sounds good. done.

> Double-check your committers list, ensure that all are good to spend
> time on the work (of course).
> That's it - the sooner we can get this publicised the better.

great, thanks a lot for your suggestions Oisin!

cheers,
Adrian.