Re: [stp-dev] I've had pretty much enough of Eclipse web site editing :)

Uh, yeah you can. And like all things, it's in the wiki. :)

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Server_Sandbox_Setup

Takes maybe a half hour, including all the cvs checkouts and downloads.

On Mac or Windows, YMMV, but it's all the same idea, and there's an XAMPP for the top four platforms.

Nick

Those templates are fine. I use them, and they are
easy enough. The major major major issue is that
I can't make a set of sweeping edits locally, check that
they are ok locally, then commit them. The next major
issue is that I can't log in from anywhere and make
small changes.

I spent something like 7 hours trying to get the arcane
Eclipse-based setup working before giving up - all that
XMPP crapola etc etc.

If I can find a way to make it render locally, without having
to make mock databases and outré rubbish like that, then
I'll be happy. But I just don't have that many hours free!

 --oh