Re: [stp-dev] Tuscany 1.3.2 and STP-SCA tooling Integrated.

Hi,

Dhaval Chauhan a écrit :
I have completed tesitng of STP-SCA tooling with the Tuscany 1.3.2. <http://1.3.2.> All I had to do was to point the tool to the latest release and no code change was required.

I tried following in-built samples with the Tuscany 1.3.2 release successfully
Restaurant
Restaurant-Script

I also ran the tool against Tuscany calculator samples. This exercise was to make sure that the Composite file generated by the tool can be understood by Tuscany runtime. I was successful in doing this.

Great! Thanks a lot.

I would now like to update the documentation to point to 1.3.2 release instead of 1.1 incubating at [1]. Please note that the Tuscany is not under incubation anymore and is a top level project. The STP-Tuscany installation instruction at [1] points to an incubation release. In addition, the eclipse help for the SCA also needs to be updated to refer to the 1.3.2 release. Please tell me if I can make the updates or someone will take care of it. I couldn't figure out how to create bug for the same.

The documentation already points to the latest release (http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-releases.html), but the screenshots are not up-to-date. You're wellcome to update them on the wiki. Just connect you with your Eclipse bugzilla account. If you don't have an account, you can create one here [3]. To update the Eclipse Help, please, submit a bug with a zipped file containing the new screenshots.

Could someone point me to what I need to do?

With this, we could mark the step on Planning section at [2] completed for the December 2008 which is about 'Support of Tuscany 1.3.2'.

I don't think so. The SCA tools don't support all the types (implementations, interfaces and bindings) defined by the 1.3.2 release. So, to complete this step, we must check if all the Tuscany types are correctly defined in the existing Tuscany meta model [4] and we must also add the missing types (implementation.widget, binding.corba, ...).

Thank you kindly.

Stéphane Drapeau
Obeo

[3]: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/