Re: R: [stp-dev] Meeting in Grenoble, follow-up

Hi Vincent,

I know there are a lot of people working on SCA sub subproject, and this is very good.

But this is not the point. As you said the primary goal of this meeting was to meet face to face to find possible ways and roadmaps for stp projects to go on, and to see if it's possible to find
way to collaborate among subjects and subprojects.

When this meeting was planned we were very interested in it, but it seems that for different reason
a lot of important players in stp projects will not be there.

So in my opinion the risk is to made a meeting where only "specific topics" will be addressed,
and maybe for this we could do some phone call or plan specific meetings.

For this reason we've decided to cancel our participation to the meeting, and to substitute with
phone calls and eventually plan a meeting at eclipse summit europe.

Andrea

Vincent Zurczak ha scritto:
Hi,

Andrea Zoppello a écrit :
Hi stp guys,

After looking at the participiant to the STP metting in grenoble, it seems we'll be very few people, and we're evaluating if it's really the case to make a trip to grenoble or if it's better to
reschedule the meeting in the form of  a telephone conference call.

We've not lost our interest in that meeting, but our interested is to meet the whole STP community and as we've seen IONA ( Oisin ), intalio, SCA People are not attending this meeting.
Well, I'll be there for SCA.
However, as the project leader, it is clear that Stephane has a wider vision of the SCA sub-project. Since he can't be there, I understand the issue for those who would like to discuss the links between the SCA sub-project and the other components of STP.

Personally, and as you said above, my main interest for this meeting was to meet STP people in person.

When we meet in the states we agree to meet to share ideas among all the
stp guys, and if we make a meeting with only three or four people i think we miss the point
of the meeting.

Does really make sense a meeting where only Engineering, INRIA,and SOPERA will be present??

If you agree tomorrow i'll proceed to cancel my hotel reservation, and i'll propose to make a conference call
and to meet at Eclipse Summit Europe.
Given all those who can't be be present this week, it seems clear that a meeting will take place at Eclipse Summit. Anyway, this week is still an opportunity to move forward on some subjects (e.g. the ones proposed by Jerry). About maintaining this session or not, the decision is up to you. If it is maintained, I'll be there.

            Vincent Zurczak.

--

*Andrea Zoppello*
<www.spagoworld.org>

Spagic Architect

Architect
Research & Innovation Division
*Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
*
Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
Phone:  +39-049.8692511    Fax:+39-049.8692566

*www.eng.it                    www.spagoworld.org*

Back to the top