From: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Oisin Hurley
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:32 AM
To: STP Dev list
Subject: Re: [stp-dev] End of Summer of Code and Deployment

Awesome job, Juan, thanks for the contribution!  The more work that we
can put into
the IM, the greater it's potential for application in the wide world
of SOA and Integration
solutions.

The EID is something that I'd really like to get in there too - right now
the
model at the core of it is very JBI-centric once you get beyond the
graph model, and
while that works ok, there's a bit of hammering a square peg into a
round hole when
dealing with something like Camel.  Perhaps the ControlService concept in IM
is
then thing to look at as the starting point, although the Process area
of the model,
which includes graphing elements such as transition relationship could also
be
a candidate.

What else? Yeah, policies - we'd spoken about extending the IM to
include Policy as a
first-class citizen, rather than as a conventionally-modified property.

Also - Adrian: many thanks for setting up the GSoC arrangement with Juan and
working it through. It's been very positive!  Let this be an example
for everyone
for next year's GSoC - let's start making a list of what we would like
to offer as
projects.

 cheers
  --oh