Re: [stp-dev] Ganymede build

Ok, I'm back. Since Adrian headed off to do his own thing, it's just
been me doing the build stuff. Obviously this is not scalable :(

I'm looking for some help in this department - the goal is to try to
get a system in place that is easy to maintain, since having a set
of build engineers is overkill. I would like our committers to
exercise their creativity in the code, not in the build system,
and I am sure they feel the same way.

The approach I had in mind was a two-tier one, with each component
of the project having their own build and update site, and then
a ganymatic-style roll-up of all element for people who want to
download the whole thing. I've been concentrating on the 'whole
build' part of the work, using Buckminster to define all the pieces
that we need. Right now the priority is to get the signing sorted
out, and get the other Ganymede must-dos in order.

I've been putting notes at [0], but they are sparse, I'm trying
to keep them up to date as we go along.

 --oh

[0] http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/Build_Component

Registered Number: 171387