[stp-dev] Question about Intermediate Model

Hi all,

today I had a discussion with a colleague of mine which I introduced to the ideas and metamodel of STP IM. His question then was: how is this metamodel related to other efforts such as the UPMS (UML profile and metamodel for Services) from the OMG or the PIM4SOA-approach which has been developed in the ATHENA-IP-project?
I answered him that STP IM is a pivotal metamodel, which shall be the intermediate format for all kinds of transformations in and around the STP projects. But in his eyes PIM4SOA had the same purpose.
So I'd now like to ask you, STP IM-guys, about your opinion concerning these different metamodels!?

Thanks and best regards,

Florian

ATHENA-IP: http://www.athena-ip.org/
PIM4SOA @ Springer: http://www.springerlink.com/content/jx7567507x101h6m/