Re: [stp-dev] Proposal for a generic validation framework

Hi Jerry,

One thought that I had while reading the proposed document was that, since this is called an OSGi-based framework you might consider using OSGi Services instead of factories. With OSGi Services any available object implementating a particular interface can register itself with the OSGi Service Registry.

So rather than calling osgiValidationFactory.getAvailableValidators() you would simply ask the OSGi Service Registry for all the services registered to implement the IValidator interface.
The same could be done with the Validation Runner instances.

Services are registered by bundles that want to expose them. In a sense they are similar to Eclipse Extension points, but since this is called an OSGi-based framework, use of OSGi Services might fit better; extension points are not part of OSGi...

Just a thought,

David

Gerald Preissler wrote:
Hi all,

we've just created a wiki page with a proposal for a generic validation framework at http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Validation_Framework . We believe that this topic is of interest for quite some people and hope for a lively discussion. Please take a look and tell us what you think.

Best regards

  Jerry Preissler

Registered Number: 171387