[stp-dev] AW: Proposal for a generic validation framework

Hi Jerry,

thanks for your proposal. Such a validation framework will be quite useful
for other areas than STP as well. At the Java Workflow Toolbox (JWT) project
we are currently planning to develop a validation component for workflows.
In order to generate code from a workflow, to execute it on a process
engine, to document it, etc. it is always necessary to validate it before.
Here, we will base our implementation on your idea of a validation framework
and will keep track of your development.
Concerning the proposed metamodel:
-IValidationObjectType: will there be some guidelines how the ID of these
types shall look like?
-how shall this validator repository be organized? The
IValidationFactory.getAvailableValidators will probably access that, am I
right?

Best regards,

Florian

Message: 1