Re: [stp-dev] Discussion on policy support in STP

Hi David,

we're using the implementation of policy intersection in Neethi. We thought about using a model based on Neethi, but did not get around to that yet.

Maybe this is the easiest way to get to a common model beneath the XEF editor and the Sopera one. Do you think moving to a Neethi-based model would be feasible for the XEF editor?

regards
   Jerry

David Bosschaert wrote:
I don't think XEF policy editor has those same restrictions, however it does not yet support all of the WS-Policy formats. The XEF editor currently only supports policies nested in <wsp:All/>, e.g:
<wsp:Policy xmlns:wsp="http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy";>
 <wsp:All>
   <acme:Logging xmlns:acme="http://www.acme.com/xsd/2007/08/logging";>
     <file filename="myService.log" rolling_file="true" />
   </acme:Logging>
<acme:Security xmlns:acme="http://www.acme.com/xsd/2007/08/security"; />
 </wsp:All>
</wsp:Policy>

On the policy model, did anyone consider Apache Neethi (http://ws.apache.org/commons/neethi/index.html)? It provides an API on top of WS-Policy documents. This might provide something in the context of a Policy model...

Cheers,

David

--

Gerald Preissler
Tel.:    +49 (0)228-182 1 91 12

SOPERA GmbH - Open Source SOA
Subscription Services, Support & Maintenance, Training,
Technical SOA Consulting & Customized Development
http://www.sopera.de

SOPERA GmbH · Geschäftsführer: Dr. Ricco Deutscher
Sträßchensweg 10 · 53113 Bonn · Handelsregister: Bonn HRB 15336

Back to the top