Re: [stp-dev] Discussion on policy support in STP

I don't think XEF policy editor has those same restrictions, however it does not yet support all of the WS-Policy formats. The XEF editor currently only supports policies nested in <wsp:All/>, e.g:
<wsp:Policy xmlns:wsp="http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy";>
 <wsp:All>
   <acme:Logging xmlns:acme="http://www.acme.com/xsd/2007/08/logging";>
     <file filename="myService.log" rolling_file="true" />
   </acme:Logging>
   <acme:Security xmlns:acme="http://www.acme.com/xsd/2007/08/security"; />
 </wsp:All>
</wsp:Policy>

On the policy model, did anyone consider Apache Neethi (http://ws.apache.org/commons/neethi/index.html)? It provides an API on top of WS-Policy documents. This might provide something in the context of a Policy model...

Cheers,

David
<snip/>
3. policy editor
IMHO, the XEF policy editor doesn't have those restrictions, such as normal form, custom assertions.
Am i right on this, David?

<snip/>

Thanks
Johnson