[stp-dev] Minutes from Hybrid Model Meeting, Aug 27th

Hi There,

Below are the minutes from the Hybrid Model Meeting earlier today.

Regards,
Adrian.

Present:
  Adrian Skehill (IONA)
  Adrian Mos (INRIA)
  Antonio Majori (Engineering)
  Andrea Zoppello (Engineering)
  Irene Levina (IONA)
  Oisin Hurley (IONA)

Discussed:

During the call we discussed the proposed Hybrid Model that is on the table. Adrian Mos outlined that Antonio and Andrea in Engineering had made some smaller tweaks to the model and would be publishing soon. Adrian Skehill felt that we should address the introduction of some addition physical information into the model to better support deployment scenarios. We discussed a simple addition to the model that would the Hybrid store physical meta data in an extensible manner. Adrian M.,Antonio and Andrea were going to revisit the model and incorporate this information into. An ecore file would then be published to the wiki for evaluation purposes.

It was also suggested by Antonio that we should extend the wiki page so show examples of the how the model can support the various components present in the STP, for example a transformation to SCA, JBI etc.

A question was asked regarding the best location of the ecore file and associated components in the STP. It was agreed that a new location within the STP Incubator would be best .

Adrian S. said that he anticipated there would be ongoing changes to the model but if we could get a good first start into the STP repository for incubation we could let it evolve in there with the community.

Adrian Mos asked about our plans for the STP Summit and we agreed to table it for discussion at Thursday's meeting.

Meeting was closed.

Actions:
* Adrian M, Antonio and Andrea were going to update the model, publish it on the wiki page and notify stp-dev of the update * Adrian S and Irene agreed to take in the model and see how we could map it to one of the Service Creation Editors. * Adrian S. to update agenda for Thursday meeting to discuss plans for Eclipse Summit / EclipseCon.

Registered Number: 171387