Re: [stp-dev] Intermediate Meta-Model Discussion - Update

Adrian Mos wrote:
Hi Guys,

A while ago I posted a page on the STP wiki to serve as a starting point for a discussion around model transformations across different editors that will be part of Eclipse STP. I have now updated it with a proposed intermediate meta-model contributed by us at INRIA (France) and Engineering (Italy). I have also reshuffled the page content to make it flow more naturally and added a motivation for the discussion. Please feel free to add your comments and ideas to the page as well as of course on the mailing list.
The page is at http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP_Internal_Model_Discussion

Looking forward to getting your feedback,
Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

I'm gonna put my newbie hat on here for a few mins, so bear with me.

Looking at the hybrid model that you've proposed, I can get the Service, Owner and ServiceClass entities. Are the pieces to the right of that for capturing the BPEL / BPMN pieces? I'm guessing that to be the case, but would just like to make sure.

Does the Service entity need some more fleshing out? I'm not sure how the SCA & JBI models which hold info such as bindings maps over to this, or if even you would like to bring this information into the model. I know we're aware that there may be some data loss when going between the models, but a hybrid should capture all the information that would ultimately be key to execution on a particular runtime.

One thing that takes my interest is I'd like to be able to use two additional editors not mentioned here, a WSDL editor and the eclipse JDT Java editor. So when doing Java first for example, I have a bunch of annotations that define my web service. These would certainly contain the interface definition, but also potentially the more physical information about the service such as binding / transport that it runs on. In addition the WSDL model coming from the WSDL editor would need to be represented as an interface and some physical information. So if we're publishing this into the hybrid model, I think this info would be required.

I'll stop here for now, my questions might be my lack of understanding of the model. Perhaps you'd have some time tomorrow to join our STP planning call and we could look into this in some more detail?

Adrian.

Registered Number: 171387