[stem-dev] Re: And one more critical bug in the current build

I suspect the internal transportation project is generating extension point ids that are clashing with the ones generated by the internal population plugin. I think the internal transportation project is predated by the other internal data projects, so it could be that it duplicated some code from them and retained the code for generating the extension point id's.

Dan
Inactive hide details for James Kaufman---05/03/2009 01:16:06 AM---Thank you Yossi!! Dan - any thoughts on this?James Kaufman---05/03/2009 01:16:06 AM---Thank you Yossi!! Dan - any thoughts on this?

          James Kaufman/Almaden/IBM

          05/03/2009 01:16 AM

Yossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL@IBMDE

cc

Stefan Edlund/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS, Daniel Ford/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS

Subject

Re: And one more critical bug in the current buildDaniel Ford
Thank you Yossi!!

Dan - any thoughts on this?

Best Regards,
Jamie

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477 (tie 457-2477)

Inactive hide details for Yossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM@IBMILYossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL

          Yossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL

          05/02/2009 09:49 AM

James Kaufman/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS@IBMDE

cc

Stefan Edlund/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS

Subject

Re: And one more critical bug in the current buildJames Kaufman
Hi,

It took me few hours to figure out what was the reason for that problem. So you owe me one more weekend :-)
It seems like once the categories of the Graphs view have been created by the data.greography plugin (I.e. STEM->Geography->Political...) it is problematic when overriding it with other plugins.
The plugins population.human and transportation were generating the same categories again. So after removing this duplication I was able to see the right names of the categories.
It's possibly an Eclipse bug but fixing it by removing the duplication of definitions is a workaround.

I hope that current builds are OK. I downloaded and tested the windows version and it seems OK.

Best regards,
Yossi.
____________________________
Yossi Mesika
IT for Healthcare & Life Science
IBM Research Labs in Haifa
Tel: 972-4-8296229
E-mail: mesika@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for James Kaufman---01/05/2009 22:19:43---Yossi, One more think is missing from the latest build.James Kaufman---01/05/2009 22:19:43---Yossi, One more think is missing from the latest build.

James Kaufman/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS

Yossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL@IBMDE

Stefan Edlund/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS

01/05/2009 22:19

And one more critical bug in the current build

Yossi,
One more think is missing from the latest build.
In addition to the NLS, none of the Airtransportation graphs show up under USA or Mexico.
In the latest build these are in the transportation model and should show up under the graphs view.

Please call me at home if you have any questions this weekend. We need to update it asap.....

Thanks for your help! My home phone number is
408 266-3934
cell
408 927-2477

Thanks and sorry for all the notes!
Jamie

IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Rd.
San Jose, CA 95120-6099
email: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: (408) 927-2477 (tie 457-2477)

GIF image