From: Stefan Edlund/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS
To: James Kaufman/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS, Daniel Ford/Almaden/IBM@IBMUS, Yossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
Cc: stem-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 28/04/2009 05:21
Subject: Swine flu model

Hi all,

I created a model combining USA and Mexico using air transportation data on Mexico City Intl. Airport and estimating the trips between USA and Mexico. Lots of bug fixes in the code to make this work so please update and run update.xml if you want to try it out.

[attachment "UsaMexico.zip" deleted by Yossi Mesika/Haifa/IBM]

You can run either the level 1 or level 2 scenario. One bug still is that when you click under edges and select Air transportation, the transportation edges from Mexico doesn't show up. But they are there. The bug is in GeographicCenters.getCenter() which doesn't handle Mexican ISO keys very well, if someone has a clue how to fix it that would be great.

/ Stefan

Stefan Edlund
Public Health and Computer Science Research
IBM Almaden Research Center
(408) 927-1766   edlund@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top