Re: [stellation-res] Compiler Warnings

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 19:53, Jonathan Gossage wrote:
> The current version of Stellation gives 613 warnings when compiled with
> strict checking.
> These warnings include the following:
>
> 1. Unused imports.

Eclipse used to flag these by default... I've just turned it back
on in my workspace. We should add to the coding standards that this
should be used.

> 2. Static fields and methods not accessed statically.

This is a stylistic thing, which doesn't bother me particularly to
have it there, but I also have no objection to insisting that we
consistently access statics statically. Eclipse 2.0.2 doesn't include
a way of flagging this.

> 3. Local variables that are not read.

These should be cleaned up. There's also an eclipse setting to flag
this.

> 4. Unnecessary generation ofsynthetic access methods.

I have no idea what this means. What is an unnecessary generation of
a synthetic access method? I'm not going to comment on what I think
of it until I figure out just what it means...

	-Mark

--
Mark Craig Chu-Carroll,  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top