RE: [stellation-res] Compiler Warnings

Eclipse M3 warns about these by default.

> >> 2. Static fields and methods not accessed statically.
> >
> >This is a stylistic thing, which doesn't bother me particularly to
> >have it there, but I also have no objection to insisting that we
> >consistently access statics statically. Eclipse 2.0.2 doesn't include
> >a way of flagging this.

Either we should go by the language standard or disable the diagnostic.
Otherwise
the task list gets very cluttered.

> >> 3. Local variables that are not read.
> >
> >These should be cleaned up. There's also an eclipse setting to flag
> >this.
> >

> >> 4. Unnecessary generation ofsynthetic access methods.
> >
> >I have no idea what this means. What is an unnecessary generation of
> >a synthetic access method? I'm not going to comment on what I think
> >of it until I figure out just what it means...

Synthetic access methods are a kludge that allows inner classes to access
members of the containing class that would not otherwise be visible. This
applies particularly if the fields in the containing class have private
visibility.

This one could probably also be classed as a stylistic issue.

> >	-Mark

Regards

Jonathan

Personal Email