[stellation-res] svcadmin: new (and soon to be only) way to initialize a database

I've just added 'svcadmin', based on repos/Admin.java, to be used for repository
administration:

  svcadmin initialize location file
  svcadmin initialize location user-name user-password

which performs the same function as 'svc config database'.
I have updated guide.html to include 'svcadmin' in the documentation
for 'configure database'.  For example,
  svcadmin init postgres:mergetst shields my-password.

'configure database' is now deprecated, and will be dropped as soon
as all scripts that use it have been changed. I have so far only changed
the ant file used to run the tests, which should be now be run as
  ant -Dsvc=path-to-svc -Dsvcadmin=path-to-svcadmin

As part of this edit, Location was moved from workspace to repos.

The reason for the change (suggested by Mark) is that 'configure database'
is a repository, not workspace, function, and it should not be part of the
command-line client.

The build/bin now has script 'svcadmin', derived from new scripts/svcadmin.sh.

dave

--
Dave Shields, IBM Research, shields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Back to the top