[stellation-res] Job Opening - access control

We have just put up a first cut at access control. The relevant files are:

 core repository/accesscontrol/*.java
 core repository/Handle.java repository/LocalHandle.java
 core workspace/Access.java
 misc doc/manuals/guide.html
 misc doc/specs/access-control.ltx
 misc unittest/AccessControlListPrivChecks.txt
 misc unittest/ACLtests.txt
 misc unittest/src/org/eclipse/stellation/unittest/acl/*
 misc unittest/src/org/eclipse/stellation/unittest/StandAloneACLTest.java

Much more remains to be done, including:

- more unit tests

- script tests to test svc command-line access

- adding support for --comment to svc 'access group create'

- more tests in svc Access.java that user has desired access

- proofreading and revising the guide

- adding section on access control to the tutorial

- updating the 'database structure' and 'database examples' documents to
describe the tables added to support access control

- code clean up, including javadoc completion and review

Some of this work will have to be done before our alpha release, and all of
it needs to be done before a production release.

If any of these tasks interest you, and you are looking for a way to
get involved (or become more involved) in the project, I think this is
a good opportunity.

All you need to know to start can be found in the files listed
above. You will get a chance to learn about the database structure,
and work with some of the basic repository and workspace
implemenation, but you will not have to master the entire system
structure. Though access control needs to be rock-solid before a
production release, not all of this work is on a critical path for the
alpha release (though some more tests are probably needed soon), so
you will have a chance to make a solid contribution at your own pace.

We really could use some help on this, and -- given the importance of
this work -- we would make every effort to help you come up to speed.

thanks,
dave
--
Dave Shields, IBM Research, shields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.