[stellation-res] VSF Demo: version 0.0.6 checked in

I've checked in version 0.0.6, with a fix for another bug mentioned
in the DemoNotes document.

This fix concerns the problem where changing or regenerating the .vsf file
externally (outside of the VSF Editor) caused the VSF Editor marker
annotations to disappear and the outline view to be incorrect.

I believe the problem is fixed, but further testing is needed.

NOTE: it's possible to hang the workbench under the following scenario:
* open a .vsf file in the VSF Editor.  Edit it, but do _not_ save the changes.
* regenerate the .vsf file externally (e.g. select the corresponding .vsf file,
  and select 'Create VSF From Spec')
* reactivate (give focus to) the VSF Editor pane containing the modified .vsf file.
* Click somewhere inside the pane

A dialog will appear, prompting you to reload the modified file.
If you select OK, everything seems to work fine from then on.
However, if you do _not_ reload the file, the workbench may hang during some
future action (e.g. selecting a different 'Available VSF' for the same VSF Editor pane).

I'm not fixing this one now for two reasons:
a) The VSF Editor architecture needs reworking to handle content reconciliation, document partitioning and other features effectively. (I've done a fair bit of
    preliminary investigation, but no implementation as yet).
b) I need to return to the Stellation CM 'Client Core' work, to support the upcoming
    alpha release.

The current version, with bugfixes, seems adequate as a proof-of-concept demo for the time being. I'm looking forward to doing further work on the VSF editor after
the ClientCore work is at a stable, alpha-level point.

- Jim
--
Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration

Back to the top