[stellation-res] Issue 25788: Ant-based installation

I have just opened Issue 25788, and checked in misc/install.xml
to get the ball rolling. Try
  ant -f install.xml library
(the main target currently supported) to update or install the
needed library files.

I think Ant offers promise as an installation tool, even though
writing a build file is much like writing assembly language code
with many macros for an an abstract machine with bizarre
control flow primitives (no if-then-else, for example).

An additional source of complexity is the requirement by eclipse.org
that we can't download files on the user's behalf except when
done from within the Eclipse IDE. If this were allowed, I could
fully automate the library install/update process.

dave

--
Dave Shields, IBM Research, shields@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Back to the top