Re: [spaces-dev] Re: IRC channel question...

Title: New Page 1
Chatzilla in firefox is ok for any user that just needs to pop in and ask questions. If a user does not have any client - they download that and click the link on the instruction page, and then they are done.

However, for those of us that need to hang around in the chatroom and watch for people coming in and posting, we need a client that can flash when there are events. Trillian (and i am sure others too ) does that.

Instructions  for Trillian are not that difficult ;)

1. Go to "Trillian > Trillian Preferences..."
2. Select "Plugins"
3. Verify that the "IRC" plugin is selected
4. Close Preferences
5. Goto "Manage My Connections" from the status button lower left it usually says "connected"
6. Press Add Connection
7. Select IRC
8. Enter the following in the fields (from top to bottom):
    - irc.mainloop.net
    - irc.mainloop.net
    - your nick name (i.e  "henrik", "mitch", "bjorn", etc)
    - your name (i.e. "henrik lindberg", "mitch sonies", etc...)
    - information about you - (I use my name)
9. Press Connect - make sure you get a connection (i.e. that your input was ok)
10. You now have a white bubble at the bottom that represents all IRC connections
11. click on the white bubble and select "Join a Channel"
12. In the popup that appears type in "spaces" (i.e. just the word, not the quotation marks, no # mark or anything - just "spaces")
13. The chat window appears

- henrik