From: spaces-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:spaces-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:41 AM
To: Henrik Lindberg
Cc: spaces-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [spaces-dev] Re: IRC channel question...

Well, it shows how little I understand IRC.  I thought that &spaces was the channel name because that's what Chatzilla told me the channel was when I used "Join a Channel". But now (thanks to Henrik) I see that the channel is really #spaces and that the url can just be irc://irc.mainloop.net/spaces , so I've updated the instructions.

Henrik Lindberg wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that you show the url to the mainloop irc spaces channel as "&spaces" - is that a typo?

Or is it that the URL needs a &spaces in order to get to "spaces" which in turn references the channel "#spaces" - which means that when entering

the channel manually you need to refer to it as just "spaces" so the client can add the '#' ?

Confused... (Guess we need an IRC channel to support users getting in on the right irc channel :D )

(Now I am in on both channels - #spaces and &spaces)

Perhaps it is a good idea to clarify this on the spaces pages?

- henrik

--
[end of message]

Back to the top