[spaces-dev] What are the APIs calls for the use cases?

(1) I wrote up a few more of my use cases on the wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Spaces/Use_Cases
I'd like to work with you, Henrik, to understand what APIs the user interface needs to call for each of these user interfaces/use cases. I started some of this here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Spaces/Use_Cases#implementation

(2) Also, I think we should have a very simple bit of documentation for the SPI: what extension points must be implemented, etc. I think it's just the org.eclipse.spaces.core.spaceProviders <spaceProvider...> extension point, correct? We should make a wiki page for this and explain anything that the SPI javadoc does not explain. Or else we should just list the extension point and make the javadoc complete. For example, I didn't see much in the Javadoc about authorization failures or temporary communication failures: how are we expecting those to be handled. Nor about whether these calls are running in the UI thread and thus whether they are allowed to open dialogs, etc. If not, how are they expected to do that kind of thing.

(3) I also need to understand what the set of plug-ins I should be building into a feature are. I think the set is:
  • Spaces Feature
    • org.eclipse.spaces.core
    • org.eclipse.spaces.ui <-- new
  • Local File System Spaces Provider Feature
    • org.eclipse.spaces.localSpaceProvider
And that the following plug-ins of mine are being discarded:
  • org.eclipse.spaces
  • org.eclipse.spaces.ftpAdapterSample
  • org.eclipse.spaces.localFileAdapter
And that these are just tests: