Re: [spaces-dev] What are the APIs calls for the use cases?

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
And that these are just tests:

    * org.eclipse.spaces.osgi

This one is definitely not test :-)

The way I recommend we add tests is by adding a fragment project with the exact same name as the plug-in that it contains tests for with the name suffix ".tests". That's also how they can be easily identified. A fragment can access packages normally not exported from the plug-in and it relieves the plug-in from having dependencies to junit and such.

The osgi contains the abstract repository implementation. Here you'll find the API's needed to publish an OSGi bundle and in the future, manipulate how it's represented in the repository with respect to features and categories. It's not complete yet (I started on this yesterday evening) and I envision more use-case support here such as:

- Publish a bundle with automatic feature wrapping. I.e. publish it in a feature named just like the bundle but with the suffix .feature - Publish regardless of version (I.e. remove all previous versions that may exist).

The rest, creating new features, categorize them, removing, adding, moving artifacts between them. That's there already.

The repository is expected to have multiple ways of storing itself (depending on expected consumer type). The first one to be implemented (today) is the Update Site.

- thomas

Back to the top