[soc-dev] Introduction and questions about contribution

Hi Team,

I am not a student but new to the world of open source.
I started exploring open source software and communities during Hacktoberfest last year, and am hoping to get more involved.

Currently in a full-time job as an IT Support Analyst and am planning to switch to a Software Developer/Engineer role in the near future.
I am familiar with Java programming, SQL with relational databases, and trying to learn new things.

I would love to be a contributor to the Eclipse Foundation as part of GSoC.
Looking through the suggested project ideas, I am interested in a couple of them and need some guidance to get started.

I have two questions.

1) Would I be eligible as a contributor?
GSoC program rules mention non-students are allowed.
Despite my job I will manage to squeeze out at least 15 hours a week for this.

2) To get more details about project scope, do I ask here or directly reach out to the respective mentors?

Regards,
Abhishek Das

Back to the top