[soc-dev] The Student Application Period has started

Greetings folks.

The student application period for Google Summer of Code has started. It closes on March 27.

Students: the deadlines have historically always been firm, so get your proposals in early. We literally have no means of extending deadlines; in all of our years of participation, I am not aware of any exceptions.

Mentors: I'll need your help to review the student project proposals. It would be helpful if every mentors can plan to review at least a few proposals that they are not directly invested in. Please only click the "Want to Mentor" button on a proposal if you have the time and energy to commit to mentoring the student. Please take the draft state of the proposals into consideration before you invest to much time or provide feedback. I'll have more on this topic later.

Mentors should be able to review proposals here:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com

If you're interested in mentoring, and have not already signed up, send a note to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx with your name, email address associated with your Google account, and the name(s) of the Eclipse open source project(s) that you're involved in. As I've stated earlier, if you're an Eclipse committer, you're in. For folks who are not committers, i'll need somebody to vouch for you (e.g. a project lead from a project that you've made regular contributions to).

Thanks,

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton