RE: [smila-dev] RE: FYI :: new feature :: Message Resequencer

Hi igor,

i forgot to ask you if you can agree to this process:

> Well, I thought I exactly did that. Namely in sections "core problem"
> and "indexing requirements", or not?
> past mails have also been a discussion how and if certain conditions
> exist that violate requirements.
>
> So, if you think any of the requirements listed and explained so far,
> doesn't exist or is wrong, then say so.
> But if it does, then we need to find a solution to meet it.
> Agreed, not all will be equally important and in some scenarios the
> requirement is already met as the condition doesn't arise in the
> application, eg. we just have a project where we use agents and they
> said that they wont have changes in close succession. Fine, that is
> great. but only in that project. There might be another where that is
> not the case.
>
> As I wrote in my last mail: my setout is to look for a solution that
> meets _all_ requirements _independent_ of their likely hood to happen.
>
> A 2nd step then is to see if the effort to implementation the solution
> (or maybe there is not just one but several to combine) is worth the
> requirement it meets and here, and *only* here, is the point where the
> likelihood of the occurrence comes into the decision process.

I forgot to add also add that selecting a solution will also have to consider it particular drawbacks and performance costs etc.

Kind regards
Thomas Menzel @ brox IT-Solutions GmbH