RE: [smila-dev] RE: FYI :: new feature :: Message Resequencer

Hi igor,

> > The principle is **very trivial**.
> That may be true, but the way you elaborated it is certainly not.

That is why I rewrote it this afternoon and this mail seems to be based on an older version.
Hopefully it is clearer now.

> By concentrating on something you call processing target.
> Quote:
> " the processing piplines are as normal, but: 1. w/o the step of
> calling the processing target and #  they add the result to a new
> queue, Q2"
> You assume here that the first call of the pipeline is cheap. This is
> never the case!

As I have said before:
first comes how a requirement may be met, however complicated or slow it makes smila.
Then comes the evaluation in regard to need and costs.

BTW: This has changed now, it is still possible but not necessary, see the diff. setup cases

> Sorry, but I have a problem with the very first sentence:
> Quote:
> " the following applies to all PRs in need of resequencing:
>    1. the first thing it needs to do, is to be REGISTERED with the
> SRS."
> The processing request needs to register itself to/with SRS??
> How should this happen?
> Please explain this.

My fault. Should not have used an active case here, was just tired using passive. This is fixed now on the wiki.
Also the introduction sentence is redundant as we only talk about cases where we need resequencing.

> Before a write a novel which explains the details of the buffer concept
> Do you agree with them?
> If yes, that I can go deeper and present the technical details that
> came across my mind.

I guess I understand the buffer concept. I agree with it so far that it is a useful solution with merits and weaknesses, as does mine. So by all means, edit the wiki page for the buffer concept as you see fit.

> > I'm thinking of giving each solution an own page, e.g. one for
> buffer, FSR and
> > SRS.
> > What do you think of that?
> I have no problem with that.
> Please also do not forget do add one for Jürgen's idea.

Done.

For jürgen's idea i only have a page and links to the mails thus far.
Any idea for a good name? Skip Pipelet doesn't quite cut it IMO.

Kind regards
Thomas Menzel @ brox IT-Solutions GmbH