(we had exactly this un-debugg-able problem with rdf2go once)

best
Leo

It was Daniel.Stucky@xxxxxxxxxxx who said at the right time 10.12.2008 12:00 the following words:
Hi all,

Von: Leo Sauermann [mailto:leo.sauermann@xxxxxxx]

SMILA-folks: please package the 3rd party dependencies so that they are

still normal JARS!

(do not use this option: Bundle-ClassPath: myembeddedlib.jar
extract the whole JAR, manipulate the manifest to be both a normal jar

and OSGi jar, then repackage)

OK, we can do this. What about the bundle/jar names ?

In osgi it's good practice to use the reverse domain name as bundle
symbolic name (e.g. org.jempbox.xmp) and also for the bundle file name
concatenated with the version by an _ (e.g. org.jempbox.xmp_0.2.0.jar).

Is this ok for aperture (adopting names of jars in build scripts etc.)?

The SMILA people can help us package the external libs as OSGi jars.
SMILA - can you organize a release of PDFBox?

I will contact the guys from PDFBox to see if they are willing to do a
release.
But then there are still dependencies to jai jars, which are not EPL
compatible.

Bye,
Daniel

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@xxxxxxx

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313