Re: [smila-dev] Controlling Tasks Order Concept

Hey guys,

Give me some feedback, please ;) This is very significant problem of architecture...
Now problem is not visible because we only manually starts one Crawler.
It becomes very actual when Agents will be added.

The page contains my ideas for solution only. Unfortunately documentation for every case will costs time. If my explanations was not good and its required to write complete documentation about also inform me.

Ivan Churkin wrote:
Hi folks,

please read small page

http://wiki.eclipse.org/SMILA/Project_Concepts/Controlling_Tasks_Order_Concept

Shortly, we want to choose a solution for the following problem at least:

>Simple Scenarios: - add Record is sent to framework and a short later arrives a delete Record. Because the Delete Record has not been processed by BPEL it would >executed before the result of the add record is ready to put into the index - two add records are sent to the framework, we would do the processing twice, but we have no >advantage of it, we could purge the first record

But the problem is deeper - the blackboard is designed for synchronous Record processing from start till finish.

IMO, as the simplest solution, we should
1. add timestemp field to ID;
2. to divide operations "equals" and "equivalent regarding timestamp" for IDs;
3. to stop/reject Record processing if timestamp is older the last one;

Will be glad to hear your ideas and opinions.
--
Regards, Ivan