Re: [sequoyah-android-dev] Google opening up to contributions

Uh, wow. You guys have licensed the code as EPL. You must abide by
that license. You own the copyright on what you contribute, but
redistribution is governed by the license and allows anyone to take
the source and redistribute it as they see fit (as long as they redist
the changes, which is what the intent is here) and that would include
publishing it in another repository.

BTW, this is about growing the Android Eclipse community. I'm
suggesting it's probably easier to build such a community over at
AOSP. It already has a huge community with the platform. It would
probably be easier to attract Android tooling developers there too,
especially given Xavier is already trying to do that.

Now, of course, anything common and can be reused by other platform
tooling, like Symbian and RIM should stay here in Sequoyah. The native
stuff is really specific to Android though. Anything common there
would probably be best in CDT anyway. Speaking of which, if I would be
proposing the same thing if I had stuck with my original plan of doing
this in CDT. This isn't anything against Sequoyah, it's all about
doing what I think is best to build a community and spread Eclipse
technologies out to the masses.

Doug.