[sequoyah-android-dev] Google opening up to contributions

Hey gang,

I understand that this component of Sequoyah was created to accept
contributions that have not been accepted by Google itself, and to
promote a more open community around Android tooling as a part of the
Eclipse ecosystem.

Recent events are leading me to believe that Google is actually more
open now to contributions to the SDK and soon the NDK and I wonder if
the second point is still valid.

So my question is, should we be working towards contributing to work
we're doing here to the Android open source project (AOSP) and joining
forces with the Google tooling developers? Or am I in a dream world?

Or will we always need a place to host tools that are on the fringes
that don't necessarily make sense to be part of the main Android
tooling, the ADT.

I guess what's driven me here is that given the size of the native
development community, especially around game and multimedia
development, the NDK support isn't really a fringe piece and I would
love to see it visible to the whole Android community.

Just throwing this out to the community and I'd love to hear other's
opinions on this,
Doug.

Back to the top