[sapphire-dev] More on default value

There has been some discussions on the UI default value vs. xml value in this thread : http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/sapphire-dev/msg00364.html

So I tried with a custom binding and force the default value to be written to the xml file when the passed in value is null. But when a new element is created through the UI, the custom binding's write() method is not called. So I still ended up with no default value in the xml file and thus an xml validation error.

I could think of adding a listener on one of its property to force the setting of the default value on property with the default value. Is there a better way to achieve the same goal?

Thanks,

Shenxue

Back to the top