Re: [rt-pmc] Oracle Free License CQ

If it's not open source, then it has to be a "works with". Based on your description, it qualifies. That assumes my assertion that Eclipse Vert.x is very useful without the content and that consumers have a choice of whether or not they'll accept it. Basically, somebody using Oracle Database as a backend will have separately acquired a license for it and have agreed to the terms of the JAR independent of accepting the terms of the Eclipse Vert.x project license.

Whether or not you can have "glue" code to connect to this content in project code really only depends on whether or not the license of that code permits the linking.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that EclipseLink does something simliar.

Create it as a "works with", and select "---- other licenses ----". Provide the best answers that you can in the other fields.

Wayne