Re: [riena-dev] Questions related to CompositeTable

Hi Stefan,

please see my inlined response for details. Your questions are all
related to limitations of CT, so we will need to submit patches for
something to happen. I would be quite interested in doing that, having
already submitted a few patches against CT.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Flick, Stefan<Stefan.Flick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1)
> I try to use a Label with SWT.WRAP style inside a CompositeTable. For my
> tests I use a modified version of the Playground CT example with an
> additional Label in the first Column. (see attached ZIP)
> My question is, how can I dynamically update the Layout (height) of a row.
> In my case the height of the row when I change the width of the first
> column.

There is an open bugzilla request to support this - see 186270. At a
minimum it needs a patch that works with current code.

> 2)
> What happens with the focus traversal order? I would expect that when
> tabbing around the focus goes from
> row1,col1,text1 to
> row1,col1,text2 to (focus is lost and elsewhwere...)
> row1,col2,radiobutton to
> row1,col3, checkbox to
> row2,col1, text1 and so on

I opened Bug 287624. This works as you describe, ONLY if there are no
composites used inside the Row class (i.e. no createCell()). Once
there are composites inside the Row-Composite the focus stays within
those.

> 3)
> Layouting the column content. I would like to vertical align the row content
> at SWT.TOP of the cell. How can I achive this?

Not supported by GridRowLayout / ResizableGridRowLayout. See Bug
287625. I think this would be relatively easy to add.

As a workaround you can replace Row():
   setLayout(new ResizableGridRowLayout())
with
   setLayout(new GridLayout(3, false));

only then will createCell():
   GridDataFactory.swtDefaults().grab(false, false).align(SWT.FILL,
SWT.TOP).applyTo(cell);

have any effect. However doing this means that you lose the ability to
resize via the header (that is what ResizableGridRowLayout provides).
In that case should probably remove the Header all together.

Best regards,
Elias.

--
Elias Volanakis | Technical Lead | EclipseSource Portland
elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1 503 929 5537 | http://eclipsesource.com

Back to the top