Re: [rdf4j-dev] Current organizational problems

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 08:49:00AM +1200, Jeen Broekstra wrote:
> On 29/06/16 23:46, Nikola Petrov wrote:
> >Here are some things that I spotted as broken during the transition and
> >the new website:
> >
> >* There is no way to add labels to issues for normal users which is unfortunate
>
> Thanks for reporting this, I wasn't aware this was the case.
>
> I don't have full control over our GitHub settings (that is reserved
> for the Eclipse webmaster) but I'll flick them a mail, ask them if
> this can be changed. In the meantime, I guess it's up to those of us
> with  commit access to help maintain labels.

This seems to be the case with a lot of public projects anyways so not
that big of a deal :)

> >* There is no javadoc link on the website and some people at ontotext were asking for it. Currently we use google for that
>
> Actually, there is a Javadoc link. See http://rdf4j.org/doc/ , there
> is a section "Javadoc" with a link to the actual Javadocs. The
> direct address of the most recent Javadoc is
> http://rdf4j.org/javadoc/latest .
>
> You're not the first to have trouble finding it though. I am not yet
> completely happy with the setup of the main documentation page
> and/or the navigation menu. Open for suggestions on how to improve
> things.

I can see that there is no dropdown for documentation at the moment.
This fixes the problem at least for me - there is now a single page for
all documentation links.

> >* Internal links in the system docbook do not work and redirect to the 404 page
>
> Our new site is a simple Wordpress site, we don't use docbook
> anymore. Which page specifically are you referring to here?

There was a problem on http://rdf4j.org/doc/the-rdf4j-server-rest-api/
but I can see that it is now fixed.