Re: [rap-dev] DataBindig - performance problems when binding large lists

Hi Dana,

this question belongs better to the newsgroup and in this case to the platform newsgroup as they own the Databinding code. I think for a better understanding, it would be good if you provide a snippet to show the performance bottleneck.

Regards,
 Ben

Dana Stefan wrote:

Hi all,

I am using databinding to bind <multi-selection in viewer> to <a collection property from a bean>.

-ViewersObservables.observeMultiSelection() to track the current selection of the given viewer

-BeansObservables.observeList() to bind a control to a Collection property on a bean.

In order to synchronize those two lists we are calling the method bindList() from the eclipse API (org.eclipse.core.databinding.DataBinding).

This works fine but we have some performance problems when we are dealing with large lists (around 600 elements in the collection from the bean).

Is this a normal behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Dana Stefan

Benjamin Muskalla
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
bmuskalla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.innoopract.com
Tel: 0721 - 66 47 33 - 0
Fax: 0721 - 66 47 33 29
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Stephanienstrasse 20, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883

www.innoopract.com

Back to the top