Re: [qvto-dev] model extents for clone/deepClone

Hi

Yes, I agree with Adolfo that the extent inference text is rubbish. IMHO, for QVTo in isolation, it the caller's responsibility to bind arguments to extents not the callee's responsibility to bind parameters. However given the requirement that a MappingOperation has a one-to-one correspondence with a QVT Relation, this may not be possible without declaration-time domain bindings. But QVT Relations don't seem to support multiple parameters per domain, so I think we have at least a couple of fairy stories to disentangle before we can make sense of it all.

As I observed earlier I want to see an 8.1.x sub-clause that outlines the utility of extents.

Voting on ballot 3 started at 06:00 GMT so it is now a bit late to piggy-back new material on 13103, but we can still correct errors or withdraw it altogether.

I think 13103 is a step forward, so I'll raise a new Issue to properly specify extents.

    Regards

        Ed