[qvto-dev] model extents for clone/deepClone

Hi Christopher,

To be honest I´m not up to date with your/EclipseQVTo clone/deepClone discussions, but the specification should clearly state what happens when cloning objects. I only see a couple of alternatives:

1) They don´t belong to any modelExtent.
2) They belong to the same modelExtent of the cloned object.

and optionally:

3) They can explicitly belong to a model extent, for instance with some library operations:
     a) Element::clone/deepClone(Model extent) : Element
     b) Model::clone/deepCloneElement(Element element): Element

Cheers,
Adolfo.

Back to the top