Re: [qvto-dev] Issue 13268: Ordered Tuples .was: QVT 1.2 RTF Ballot 1 preview 1

Hi Ed, Adolfo,

Very interesting discussion.
Personally I don't see any real benefit in supporting of OrderedTuple type. The only use case I can imagine for it is to support the returning of list of unnamed results. However I I'm not sure that I see all possible use cases.

Taking into account the current QVTo behavior I stick to  Ed's  3-protocol support with minor corrections:

a) with multiple named result parameters. In this case the return can be an OCL Tuple, populated piecemeal by assignments, or a bulk return  (no changes)

b) with multiple result parameters ALL of which are unnamed. In this case the return must be an OrderedTuple populated by bulk return

c) with a single result parameter which might be named. In this case the return must be the type populated by direct return (no changes)

So for multiple result parameters there will be only two alternatives - either all parameters are named or all are unnamed.

Regards,
  Sergey.