Re: [qvto-dev] QVT* Debug test framework

Hi Ed,

I think you can look at the implementation of debug VM (QVTOVirtualMachine class). This is quite generic concept which is used both for QVTO workspace and remote debuggers.

QVTo debugger itself exploits QVTODebugEvaluator which simply extends QvtOperationalEvaluationVisitor with debug-specific events handling, lines information, etc.
Debugger is executed by means of QVTODebugTarget class which uses QVTOVirtualProcess and QVTOThread classes. It utilizes concept of request-response to interoperate with debug VM.

Workspace debugger is launched by QVTODebugConfiguration and remote debugger is launched by QVTOApplicationConfiguration.
All source code resides in 'org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.core' plug-in.
Debug UI plug-in 'org.eclipse.m2m.qvt.oml.debug.ui' contains UI aspects of debugging support: breakpoints, watch view, UI for debug launch configuration, etc.

Regards,
  Sergey.