Re: [qvto-dev] Initial Xtext/Pivot handover

Hi Ed,

Some other comments.

On 18/01/2013 15:58, Ed Willink wrote:
Hi Adolfo

Some comments inline, some in extra threads.

On 18/01/2013 13:33, Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera wrote:
- It took me some time to reach the QVTo project information. The
"About this project" link from the Eclipse QVTo web page didn't work.
I finally found that for eclipse records, the project is mmt.qvt-oml
rather than mmt.qvto.
That is under Eclipse Foundation control; nearly everything else is
Project Metadata or eclipse.org 'CVS'.

Since "MMT" is to be phased out, I've lost enthusiasm for interim tweaking.

Since in the QVTo webpage:

http://www.eclipse.org/mmt/?project=qvto

The link "About this project" points to:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=modeling.mmt.qvto

I thought this was something you changed (due to the mmt.qvto spelling).

In any case the I guess that this should be fixed by Sergey, as project leader.

I'm not quite sure how to fix that. If you do so, lease let me know
it. If something needs to be changed at somewhere
www.eclipse.org/mmt.git repository, I recall that I'm only committer
at mmt.qvt-oml project so I won't be able to do it
All MMT.* committers should also be MMT committers.

I'm afraid I'm not. I'll ask for it via bugzilla.

- As QVTo and MMT project leader,
Sergey is QVTo lead.
Right.

I've started to do some work in the pivot.imperativeocl plugin since
it provoked some compilation errors due to the missing generated classes.
- Are you looking for a dynamic template to automatically include the
last modified year for the copyright ? Otherwise the static text that
you may use in the genmodel copyright attribute should suffice. At
list I've set
No just a local manually maintained template. There is some PDE tooling
to auto update copyrights.
Ok. For this first commit I've generated the copyright via the genmodel.

- I've had some errors when opening the genmodel file, perhaps, due to
the use of absolute platform:/plugin URIs for the related genmodels
(Ecore and Pivot). If I reload the genmodel (right click on genmodel
-> reload) using the wizard, relative URIs are used instead and the
editor doesn't complain. Any comment about using relative URIs ?
Opening the genmodel how?

Double clicking ;P

Raise an Eclipse Foundation, Community, GIT Bugzilla. Perhaps suggest
that the correct spelling is "modeling.qvto".

I'll raise a bugzilla to have the repository git rights revised. Concerning changing the name of the group, I'm not sure if a simple committer has such a power, Sergey (as qvto lead) or you (as mmt one) might have.

Cheers,
Adolfo.
NB. org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build/GenerateAll.mwe2 should work but it
doesn't; there is a 'trivial' interaction to sort out in the various
scripts startups.

Well I'll see what I can do.
Don't struggle with it; it's my code. I'm pretty sure that the bug is
inconsistent "." for the URI base, or inconsistent ResourceSet
re-initialization. It will only take me an hour some time.

Regards

Ed