Re: [qvto-dev] Initial Xtext/Pivot handover

Hi Adolfo

Some comments inline, some in extra threads.

On 18/01/2013 13:33, Adolfo Sanchez-Barbudo Herrera wrote:
- It took me some time to reach the QVTo project information. The "About this project" link from the Eclipse QVTo web page didn't work. I finally found that for eclipse records, the project is mmt.qvt-oml rather than mmt.qvto.
That is under Eclipse Foundation control; nearly everything else is Project Metadata or eclipse.org 'CVS'.

Since "MMT" is to be phased out, I've lost enthusiasm for interim tweaking.
I'm not quite sure how to fix that. If you do so, lease let me know it. If something needs to be changed at somewhere www.eclipse.org/mmt.git repository, I recall that I'm only committer at mmt.qvt-oml project so I won't be able to do it
All MMT.* committers should also be MMT committers.

- As QVTo and MMT project leader,
Sergey is QVTo lead.
I'm wondering if you want to raise the suggestion of aligning project ids with the QVTd ones.
When MMT goes.
I'm not very fond of unnecessary and potentially harmful changes, though. On the other hand, I've noticed that you have started to do so in the plugin names, e.g org.eclipse.qvto.examples.xtext.imperativeocl which deviates from the current QVTo project plugins (which use qvt.oml).
And also M2M which is very deprecated. IT seems easiest and safest to leave the traditional QVTo largely unchanged and use new names for new stuff.
I've started to do some work in the pivot.imperativeocl plugin since it provoked some compilation errors due to the missing generated classes. - Are you looking for a dynamic template to automatically include the last modified year for the copyright ? Otherwise the static text that you may use in the genmodel copyright attribute should suffice. At list I've set
No just a local manually maintained template. There is some PDE tooling to auto update copyrights.
- I've had some errors when opening the genmodel file, perhaps, due to the use of absolute platform:/plugin URIs for the related genmodels (Ecore and Pivot). If I reload the genmodel (right click on genmodel -> reload) using the wizard, relative URIs are used instead and the editor doesn't complain. Any comment about using relative URIs ?
Opening the genmodel how? If you set things up right EMF gets relative URIs right. Nothing should be non-portable.

- The generated code complains (warning) about the use of a @Deprecated pivot.util.Nameable. Any documentation about the deprecation cause?
I had to promote it from 'pivot' to 'domain' to ensure CG evaluation. Since it is used in an interface the deprecation is not really valid, so an outright delete will be in master for M5.
- I've tried to push my changes to master. However and error occurred. Investigating in the eclipse server I see the following rights in the mmt folder:

drwxrwsr-x 7 wpiers modeling.mmt 4096 2012-09-20 16:32 org.eclipse.atl.git drwxrwsr-x 7 root modeling.mmt 4096 2012-09-20 11:38 org.eclipse.atl.git.back drwxrwsr-x 7 ewillink modeling.mmt.qvtd 4096 2011-09-22 14:42 org.eclipse.qvtd.git drwxrwsr-x 7 ewillink modeling.mmt 4096 2012-06-19 13:59 org.eclipse.qvto.git

As commented above I dont have any right on modeling.mmt, but in any case my bet is that the qvto GIT repository should have modeling.mmt.qvt-oml as its unix group.
Raise an Eclipse Foundation, Community, GIT Bugzilla. Perhaps suggest that the correct spelling is "modeling.qvto".
NB. org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build/GenerateAll.mwe2 should work but it
doesn't; there is a 'trivial' interaction to sort out in the various
scripts startups.

Well I'll see what I can do.
Don't struggle with it; it's my code. I'm pretty sure that the bug is inconsistent "." for the URI base, or inconsistent ResourceSet re-initialization. It will only take me an hour some time.

    Regards

        Ed

Back to the top