Re: [ptp-user] Issue with synchronized Autotools project

Hi,

Are there any restrictions on the commands that can be used
for configure/autogen ("Autotools > Configure Settings" in
the project preferences)?

> I just ran into the following issue using Eclipse Mars.1
> with PTP 9.0.1:  After converting a C/C++ Autotools project
> to a Synchronized project and creating a proper build config
> for the remote system (i.e., selecting environment modules
> that need to be loaded), I tried to reconfigure the project
> on the remote host.  Unfortunately, it failed...
>
> It seems that the environment modules are only loaded when
> building the project, but not for configuring.  Is this the
> intended behavior?  To me, this looks like a bug...

To (hopefully only temporarily) work around this limitation,
I was thinking of specifying something like

   module purge && module load intel openmpi && configure

as the configure command (likewise for autogen).  I know that
this is rather hackish and crying for inconsistencies as one
has to keep the modules consistent in three places (configure,
autogen, synchronize settings), but I'd really like to get
this setup to work.

If you have any alternative suggestions -- or believe that
I messed something up when configuring my project -- please
let me know.

Thanks,
Markus

PS:  This may be more CDT-related, but may I suggest to also
detect 'bootstrap' scripts as an alternative to 'autogen.sh'?
This convention has been adopted by many projects and is also
recommended by the Goat book (see
https://www.sourceware.org/autobook/autobook/autobook_43.html).
Admittedly not the freshest source of information, but still
valuable...

--
Dr. Markus Geimer
Juelich Supercomputing Centre