Re: [ptp-user] PTP synchronized projects environment management

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:00:07 Greg Watson wrote:

> Christoph,

> I suspect the ems is checking if modules is installed and only running the

> command on the remote machine if it is. If there is no modules on the

> remote machine, then you shouldn't really be using it this way. Better to

> add it to your environment or the makefile.

> Regards,

> Greg

Greg,

I guess you are right, and this is the work around I am currently using. But it is tedious, as it amounts to -

* login to the remote host via ssh

* execute the script on the bash command line

that I originally wanted to plug in into ems

* echo $PATH and add the returned value to the Eclipse build

configuration, section environment

* repeat the previous step for LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I_MPI_ROOT

and potentially some other environment variables.

If I remember correctly, PTP 6.0 would execute the script provided

to ems regardless whether modules were detected. It is only recently that this behavior changed. --- And I found the old behavior *very* convenient.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Christian Noll, Ivo Koerner

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top